terça-feira, 26 de abril de 2011

Inspiração / Inspiration

Mostro aqui novas aquisições que com certeza irão me inspirar por muito tempo.
Here are some books that I love and will be source of inspiration for a long time, for sure!





O primeiro livro, DACORMAGENTA de RÊ FERNANDES (Editora Synergia) é sobre teoria da cor, assunto que quero estudar há muito tempo e aos poucos de forma autodidata irei dominando. Bem simples de ler, traz muita informação legal e já me incentivou a comprar outros mais aprofundados sobre o assunto.

O segundo A GRAMÁTICA DO ORNAMENTO é um livro secular publicado pela primeira vez no ano de 1856 por OWEN JONES. Esta edição publicada pela editora Senac além de atualizada (óbvio, rs!) tem a vantagem de ter sido feita num tamanho pequeno, bem portátil! As fotos mostram detalhes do livro que tem tanta coisa que até cansa!

Criei uma página aí em cima com as dicas de livros.
Assim que aumentar a minha biblioteca irei postando as novidades!

These are some books that a recently buy here in Brazil. The first one is about Color Theory and the second one has a huge index of patterns first published in 1856 by Owen Jones. It can be found in many languages, I think. You can find a little bit about the books I recommend here.

3 comentários:

  1. Pardon me as I drool all over your blog. I want that book! (The ornament one). Thank you for posting about it :D

    ResponderExcluir
  2. Hello Darkskye! I hope you can find it in your country... But if you can´t, please let me know so I can help you buy it from some store here in Brazil!

    ResponderExcluir
  3. Thank you :) I found a used copy of a derivative work that includes just the color plates from the book, and actually found an online library that had the full work. So I am happy! :D

    ResponderExcluir